Friday, April 1, 2011

Clearfield Cabinet Card










When I first started collecting old photos, my main emphasis was on old. The older the better. While I still look for interesting cabinet cards, carte de visites, and tintypes, as well as more modern studio shots, press photos, and postcards, my focus has shifted to snapshots from the twentieth century. This is one of my first purchases. Clearfield, the county seat of Clearfield County is in central Pennsylvania, about a two hour drive from my home town. Nothing on the back of the card.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that it says "Off Court House" which makes me wonder who was in the building and why they were there and if just maybe this photographer got some interesting shots.

    If you've never been to the historic Yuma Jail I recommend it. They have a rogues gallery of prisoner shots that are fascinating. The faces, the crimes, it's all interesting.

    ReplyDelete