Monday, April 11, 2011

The 1931 Polytechnic Tour to Grindelwald, Switzerland 1
















It's time to put up another photo album, and just like the last time, I'm going to put it up in order without interruption. Too, I have yet to figure out how many parts it will take to put up the whole album. Since I'm also following my usual practice of putting up both full pages to show position as well as individual scans, I'll be posting some images in both true color and gray scale. The final image in this part is a postcard that had been mailed. It was addressed to "Mr. & Mrs. Cole, Newbridge House, Snettisham, King's Lynn, Norfolk, Anglettrre" The Message, "Grindlwald, Sunday. We arrived yesterday 12:00 o'clock rather tired after long train journey & not much sleep on the train. Grand crossing and we weren't sick. The view on the other side is from our hotel-We are going to do a glacier with a guide-The scenery is grand-The grub is also A1. Must tell you all about it. I hope you will give us some like it. Ja"

No comments:

Post a Comment