Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Post Number 1,000
















I started The New Found Photography as a way to impose some sort of order on a mess of a collection.  While I've added text from the very first post, I expected few visitors, no comments, no followers, and I sure as hell never expected to hit the 1,000 post milestone.  The fifteen photographs that I've chosen to re-post, to mark the occasion, are far from representative.  Are they my favorites?  They are right now, but if I made a choice tomorrow, there would be changes.  They're not the most popular.  A couple of them have had a lot of views, and some, almost none.  Is there a post number 2,000 in the future?  I've still got a lot of photos in the collection that have never seen the light of day.  And, despite my ever shrinking income, I still visit antique stores, thrift shops, EBay, garage sales, estate sales, and flea markets.  Who knows where it will all end.

1 comment:

  1. Well, we'll meet up in the poor house, or the nut house, or a bus bench in Hollywood with our boxes of treasures.

    These are all great. I'll admit I don't remember all of them, but it shows depth to the collection with so many choices.

    Congrats on reaching 1000.

    ReplyDelete