Friday, January 2, 2015

Views of the World, Hot Spring, Yellowstone National Park


I thought I'd start off the new year by revisiting some of the collections that I've started posting, but have yet to complete.   To recap, The Views of the World Collection goes back to my earliest days of collecting old photographs and postcards.  I turn 60 this month, I started buying old images when I was in high school, so these hand tinted postcards have been following me around for more than forty years.  Sadly, when I picked these up, some of the cards in the series were missing, and despite my best efforts, I've never been able to fill the gaps.

Despite the caption, I'm guessing geyser rather than hot spring.  It also looks like the steam and hot water gushing into the sky weren't suited to whatever method of tinting and printing were available when the card was made.  And while there are no publisher credits, photo credits, writing, or dates on any of them, clearly, they're from the early twentieth century.

Click on Views of the World in labels at the bottom of the post to see the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment