Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Young Hoyt Raymond


I haven't posted any cabinet cards for awhile, so what the hell, why not.  Much to my surprise, I was able to dig up a bit of info on young Hoyt Raymond.  He was born Hoyt Jackson Raymond on December 14, 1886 at Child's Farm in Wayne County, Pennsylvania.  Wayne County is in northeast Pennsylvania, but he grew up in Corry, the second largest community in Erie County, on the other side of the state.  On September 17, 1910, he married Lottie Berry Munger, who was born in nearby Columbus, PA on July 18, 1886.  Hoyt died on September 24, 1951.  Lottie died March 14, 1970.  They had at least one child, a son, Harold Hoyt Raymond, born in 1919, died in 2007.  And that's it.  I have no idea what any of them did for a living, if any of them went to college, fought in a war, or if Hoyt and Lottie had more kids.

3 comments:

  1. Somewhere along the line somebody cared enough to write his name on the front. They did it for family members who eventually just didn't care. There loss, your wonderful find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize that this was posted several years ago, but I am curious to know where you got this cabinet card. Hoyt Raymond was my great-grandfather. If you wanted more information about his life, I have a few more details than you currently have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been collecting old photos since the 1960s. After all these years, I can't give an exact answer, but I did buy it in western Pennsylvania. By all means, add more info as a comment.

      Delete