Wednesday, March 15, 2017

What to do?




I refer to this blog as a found photography site.  In reality, since most of the content is purchased at flea markets, antique malls, and on eBay, The New Purchased Photography would be a more apt title.  True found photography, images found on the street, or in some abandoned building, is truly rare, and very special.

Anyway, there I was, walking down the street in Hollywood, just a few blocks from the Scientology building, when I looked over and saw this photo propped up on a pipe stand.  It's not the type of found photography I'm really looking for.  It's clearly a digital print, and a manipulated one at that.  But, it was a photograph so I picked it up.  Then, I turned it over and saw that someone had written their own little philosophical tract on the back, another thing I find fascinating.  Needless to say, I took it.  The big question was, what to do with it.  The writing would normally go on my Fair Use blog.  Photographs would normally end up here.  In the end, I posted on both blogs.  Photo first here, tract first on Fair Use.

No comments:

Post a Comment