Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Pforzheim Album 7






Do we have a wedding?  That would be my best guess on the top postcard.  Still, since all but two of the women are wearing the same white dress, I have some doubt.  Note the accordions in the front. There is a photographer's stamp on the back, "Hubert Gombert, Buhl I.B."  I ran Mr. Gombert's name and found some commercially produced cards, all scenes of Buhl, for sale, at 19 Euros.  I guess the European economy is doing better than I thought.  Buhl, like Pforzheim is a town in Baden-Wurttemberg in southwest Germany.

As far as card number two, Frieda Meyer and Else Huck are exchanging pictures.  School pictures I think.  My other guess would be conformation photos, but wouldn't young Else be in white for that?  Or is it young Frieda?  I did try doing a search on those names but came up with nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment