Friday, January 31, 2014

The Army Hospital Album 18





Wow, the woman in the first picture looks severe.  I've long felt that the army hospital was a psychiatric facility,  and her demeanor makes me wonder if she was shamed by a husband with emotional problems.  The second picture was taken somewhere in northern California.  I couldn't pinpoint an exact location, but I've seen enough images from the redwoods that I'm confident in my conclusion.  And that presents an interesting possibility...Fort Hunter Ligett in Monterey, south of San Francisco?  Is that where the army hospital was located?  And the last picture, a base entrance or a small town?

There'll be a few more photos from the hospital, but this post starts the family and travel images that will dominate the rest of the album.  As usual, click on army hospital collection to bring up the lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment