Friday, January 24, 2014

On the Sea, On the Sea, On the Beautiful Sea


And I can't remember the next line from the song.  With the open deck seating, this has to be a photograph of a ferry.  Purchased in southern California, it's probable that it's a Catalina Island run, but it could be from the bay area or even the east coast.  Also, take a look at the pier in the background.  The steel pillars in the upper left corner could be some sort of amusement ride.  I know ships docked at the Santa Monica Pier, and at one time the water, that close to shore, was so clean that boat passengers would throw coins in the water, and kids would dive for them.  At least that was a story told to me by a very old man which may or may not be true.  I want to believe it, but I have my doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment