Sunday, April 28, 2013

A California Car


Alright, here's the story.  I buy photographs for the collection from a number of sources.  Just recently, I've been making regular visits to a favorite antique mall.  One of the dealers that I think of as the photo guy, even though he sells a lot of non photographic stuff, has been replenishing a tray of snapshots every week or so.  I keep finding square format photos, printed on the same weight paper, from about the same period, with similar landscapes, which looks to be in the San Gabriel Valley, around Pasadena, California.  That doesn't mean they're all from the same family, but I'd say it's pretty probable.  This latest one looks a bit like Harold Lloyd.  For those not familiar with silent movies....don't be lazy, look him up.  All photos that seem related have a special tag in the labels section.  SGV family.

No comments:

Post a Comment