Saturday, August 8, 2009

Camp Florence, Arizona

Written on the back of the photo, "Taken at Florence Arizona prisoner of war camp, 1945. Mrs Sam Bluhen & Mrs Charles E. De Saro" During World War 2, there was a prisoner of war camp near the Arizona town of Florence. Florence was named for the Italian city. The camp held Italian and German prisoners of war.

No comments:

Post a Comment