Saturday, July 14, 2018

Growing Up In San Francisco




It's time for me to go on one of my favorite rants.  How dare antique dealers cut up old photo albums and sell the pictures individually.  This one looks like it was  a good one.  Perhaps an elderly woman putting all the photos of her life in one place, or a younger women collecting memories to give to her mother.  At least the person who sold me these two photos had the good sense to save the captions.  I haven't been to that particular store for a while, but if I get back there, I'll search the 50 cent  photo box and with any luck, find some more images from this album. 

I pulled up a map of Golden Gate Park in San Francisco and found 7th Avenue and Irving Street.  From Lincoln on the southern side of the park, drive two blocks on 7th, past Hugo and there you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment