Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The Post War European Trip Collection-Swiss Mountains





All postcards, all published in Switzerland.  I wrote in an earlier  post that Gloria Lee was on an American Youth Hostel cycling trip of Europe.  My source for that information was ABE Books.  It's a website that allows book dealers to join together to sell their wares, and if you're a book lover like me, an indispensable resource.  Anyway, I found a rare book dealer in St. Louis who was selling the Gloria Lee Bigewet European trip archive.  Scrapbooks, diaries, photographs, postcards, letters and other ephemera.  Sadly there was an asking price of over $2,000, so it doesn't look like I'm going to reunite my few scrapes with the greater collection.  At that price, one would  think that Gloria Lee must have been someone with at least a level of fame in Missouri.  That would be wrong.

So yes, it is necessary to click on The Post war European Trip Collection in labels to see more and wet your appetite for parts yet to be posted, which won't happen for awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment