Tuesday, May 31, 2016

A Day Late



I suppose this one should have been posted yesterday for the Memorial Day holiday.  Oh well, it's only a day late, so why not.  The fact is, these patriotic celebrations make me a bit fearful.  I've noticed most people aren't fond of my rejection of American exceptionalism and all the military trappings that go with it.  I keep expecting that some guy, all decked out in American flags, is going to beat the crap out of me when I question the sense in having the world's largest military, and our growing ease with its use.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I'm not a pacifist.  Give me a good reason to support a war and I'll do it.  I won't be happy about it, but I will.  It's just, that in my life time, there haven't been that many American wars that I thought made a whole lot of sense.  Too, I kind of feel that the European powers, in their colonial period, broke the world, and I'm tired of spending American treasure and American blood to solve problems created by the Brits and French.  Sykes, Picot anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment