Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Waterbury Paper Box Co. Wedding Album 15



Well it really is time to connect with past collections.  My mother was English, so I don't know whether this is some sort of Brit thing or not, but she would have looked at this photo and thought departure outfit.  Departing for what?  The honeymoon, which required a nice travelling suit for the lady.  

 I grew up in poverty, and my mother often put food on the table making and altering clothes.  I didn't realize it then, but I was picking up a lot about ladies fashions.  I mean, I know what a peplum is.  How many 60 year old guys from a coal mining town in Pennsylvania can say that?  Of course, I have no idea why women wear them, which is a whole other issue.

Click on Waterbury Box Co.  Album in the labels section at the bottom of the post to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment