Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day



When I tell people I know that I'm not a pacifist, they don't believe me.  I always tell then the same thing. Give me a good reason to support a war, and I'll support it.  I won't be happy about it, but I will.

 I have mixed feelings about Memorial Day.  It seems to me that a lot of very stupid, and some very bad people, equate supporting troops with supporting  war.  If we don't keep fighting, or if we don't start another war, we've dishonored all those who fought and died for the country.  Right now, there are a lot of people, including some elected officials, who want to pick a fight with Iran, ISIS, Yemen, and Syria.  They tell us if we don't, those who died in Iraq and Afghanistan will have died in vain, and that cheapens their memory.  Yes, I have very mixed feelings about Memorial Day.  It seems right to remember those who fought for us, but not if it means a continuance of never ending war.  Maybe, if we put out fewer flags, we'll dig fewer graves.

No comments:

Post a Comment