Monday, December 15, 2014

The Less Than Grand Keerbergen Hotel



It's a long story, but after years of working in photo labs, after an extended period of unemployment, and barely avoided homelessness,  I ended up a member of The Screen Actors Guild.  The funny thing is, when I was a printer I saw 80 to 100 movies a year.  As a member of SAG, I'm lucky if I see 25.  The sad fact is, most of us in the movies, can't afford to go to the movies.  Anyway,  these photos reminded me of the best movie I've seen, so far, this year.  The Grand Budapest Hotel.  The man looks like a concierge.  Too, the second photo reminds that the concierge of the hotel, Gustave H, offered exceptional service to older ladies.

Written on the back of the second photo, "Keerbergen, Juin 1965."  Keerbergen is a  town in the Flemish speaking part of Belgium.  As of 2007, it had a population of 12,500 people.  And yes, it does have a hotel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment