Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Weird Bats and the Opening Day Petition


I don't know all the details, and it's too late at night, and I'm too lazy to start doing research.  There is a website, set up by the White House, that allows citizens to set up petitions.  If a petition gets enough signatures, the White House will do an assessment of the idea.  One of those petitions: Make opening day of the baseball season a national holiday.

I've got one question....Which opening day?  The one two weeks ago when the Los Angeles Dodgers played the Arizona Diamondbacks in Australia?  Sunday's limited schedule? Monday's full schedule?  I'm about to do something I've always said I'd never do.  I'm going to play the "When I was a kid" card.  When I was a kid, there was only one opening day.  It was a Tuesday; the Cincinnati Reds, the oldest team in the majors, hosted; it was the only game scheduled.  Now that's an opening day!  And those are the weirdest baseball bats I've ever seen.

 I've been predicting a Pittsburgh Pirate World Series victory for twenty years.  You read it here first, this season, a Pirate title.

No comments:

Post a Comment