Tuesday, July 2, 2013

California Carroll


To recap.  Every so often, I go to an antique mall and thumb through a tray of old photographs.  I've been finding a collection of snapshots, all the same format, paper weight, from the same era, and the ones shot outdoors all seem to be from the same area.  I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure that they're all from the same family.  So far, I've found several with the same lab mark, "PRINTED BY MERICK REYNOLDS, Jr. 222 So. BROADWAY, LOS ANGELES, CAL."  including this one.  This image is the first I've found with writing on the back.  "Carroll W. Parclier six months old."  Finally a name.

Click on SGV family in the labels section at the bottom of the post to bring up the whole collection.

1 comment:

  1. I imagine this was someones prized possessions.

    The whole series is a joy.

    ReplyDelete