Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Trains





Not all of my old photos are of people. This is another one of the images that, when I was working in a photo lab, I made copy negs and prints from. The original is an old albumen print, very likely from the late 19th century through the early 20th, and probably made from a glass negative. I 'd love to know where the photographer was standing. The image makes me think that this may have been a professionally made, commissioned image. I imagine that the camera was not a small, hand held one, but one mounted on a tripod. It's difficult to take a quick snap and then step out of the way of an oncoming train with one of those.

1 comment:

  1. Great shot! Yes, it does leave one wondering how it was taken. Let's hope the engineer was aware of this before coming around the corner. If not I can hear that whistle blowing!

    ReplyDelete