Monday, October 9, 2023

More Later



 

I've been putting up a lot of stuff from some of the collections I have, so I decided to go to the oldest unfinished collection I have.  It goes back to 2013, so I'm still working on it 10 years later.  As a rule, I don't bother with the backs of postcards.  I find it easier to just transcribe the written message and spare people from trying to figure out bad to mediocre handwriting.  But in this case, no matter how large I blew up the back of the card, or how much I manipulated the contrast, I just couldn't make out what was written. There's one line that I think says "my girlfriend left yesterday," but other than that, I haven't a clue.  And I thought my handwriting was bad. Anyway, click on "flirtation" in labels to go back to the good old days of 2013.  And I call it that because the guy who sold me the envelope of these postcards said it was his flirtation card collection. Too, if a postcard looks like it was based on a photo it ends up here.  If it looks like it's pure illustration, it ends up on my Fair Use blog. If I'm not sure, it's just a best guess as to which blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment