Sunday, February 19, 2023

2500




 

This is my 2500th post. As I've written before, I didn't start The New Found Photography because I was desperate to share my old photo collection with the world but because I couldn't figure out any other way to be able to see it myself without having to root around in dozens of unorganized boxes. So, this is from my very first post from 2009. I picked up some glass negatives at a small antique store in Washington state and hand-printed them myself. It's the dream of every photo collector to find a complete set of photos from an undiscovered talent. Think Vivian Mier. The antique dealer who sold me these negatives had purchased a collection of negs from an estate in Montana and judging by the quality of the few I purchased, perhaps he had run across an important photographer, but sadly decided to break-up the collection and sell them for $5.00 each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment