Sunday, September 30, 2018

Water Carts





This isn't the first version of The New Found Photography.  The earlier blog only had so much free bandwidth, after which I would have to buy more.  Because of that, I got in the habit of typing out what was on the back of photos.  Anyway, I'll still try and figure out the hand written stuff and then hunt and peck my way through a translation.  But, I'm done with transcribing stuff like this, so click on the text and read about captured water carts for yourself. 

So, another stereo card from T.W. Ingersoll, this one from the Russo-Japanese War.  1904-1905, the first time an Asian power defeated one from Europe, that is if Russia could actually be called a real power.  Not even the Russian alliance with Montenegro could save them.

No comments:

Post a Comment