Friday, September 7, 2018

Dana Hall School For Girls 1



Before I left on my short vacation, I purchased an envelope of album pages with one loose photo, all related to Dana Hall Girls School in Wellesley, Massachusetts.  The album pages are all too large to fit on my scanner, so I'll be abandoning my usual practice of showing the whole page for position, coupled with scans of each individual photograph.  This image is the one loose photo, and written on the back, "Helen Zollinger at Dana Hall."  Blow up the print, and you'll be able to see two things of interest.  Clipped to the curtain, what looks like an armband with a visible 14.  The date 1914 will show up in other images.  Whether Helen was in the incoming class of 1914 or the graduating class is the question.  Too, an Oberlin pennant can be seen just under the window.  Oberlin is a town in Ohio.  There may be other Oberlins in the United States, but that's the one I'm aware of.  So was Helen from there?  That's my assumption

No comments:

Post a Comment