Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Green Album 9









In an earlier post I noted that I had purchased this album off of eBay and it had come from somewhere in the mid-west.  I couldn't remember exactly where, but was sure it wasn't from California.   Despite that, I was also sure that the beach pictures were from California.  So, where those photos vacation pics?  Maybe, maybe not.  The mid-west is quite flat, but a photo on this page, and on some of the other pages, has a very distinct ridge line in the background.  My guess is that the pictures from page three on are from a small town somewhere in the San Joaquin Valley of central California,  or one of the suburbs of Los Angeles.  Back then, and I'm pretty sure that this album is from the World War 2 era, a lot of L.A. suburbs were more small farm town than bedroom.community.  Photos and photo albums travel.

As usual, click on The Green Album to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment