Saturday, August 20, 2016

Cruising In Luxury






 

Alright, the bottom picture is kind of crappy, but I don't like to edit stuff from collections, even small ones.  As a matter of fact, the top two photos aren't that great, and the color restoration setting clearly has some limitations, but....

One of our local radio stations (Local is Los Angeles.) has an ask the mayor show.  I was on my way out the door, I was getting ready to turn off the radio, and the last thing I heard was that one of the questions for that day was about ferry service between Ventura and L.A.   To a lot of people that will seem like a daft idea, but I say why not?  As a matter of fact, I think an L.A.-Ventura connection isn't ambitious enough.

 As the population of our state increases, as the need to get around grows, it only makes sense to add boat traffic to the mix.  If I need to get to San Diego from Los Angeles, I'd rather take the light rail to the Santa Monica pier and a coastal ferry to San Diego than sit on the I-15.  Yes, I know, there's already trains, planes, and buses, but why not add sea travel into the mix.  Hey, L.A. to San Francisco, Oakland to Eureka or Crescent City, it all makes sense to me.

I know what some people will say.  "Won't it be expensive?"  We subsidize mass transit, Amtrak, and if it ever gets built, we'll subsidize high speed rail, so I don't see  the difference.

All pictures dated "WEEK OF OCT. 25-58 RN"

No comments:

Post a Comment