Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Bending Low, Her Hand He Takes



It's been awhile since I've put up anything from this collection, so I'd better recap.  A few years ago I bought an envelope full of postcards that the seller referred to as his flirtation collection.  Some of the cards clearly started life as photographs.  Those are posted on The New Found Photography.  Others are illustrations and are posted on my other blog, Fair Use, www.fairuse-wjy.blogspot.com.  Of course, there are a few I'm not sure of, and those come down to best guess.  So, click on flirtation in labels at the bottom of the post to see more.  That'll work on Fair Use as well.

This card was mailed to "Mr Geo. W. Layr, Union, Maine, R.D. 3."  Even though the card has a divided back, there was no message.  It's post marked "WALDSBORO ME. MAY 16 10 AM 1911."  It was published by Theochrom, owned by Theodor Eismann.

No comments:

Post a Comment