Monday, April 20, 2015

Mobility Stupidity



There is a stupidity industry in the United States.  Just look at all the movies about dumb guys making fools of themselves.  Usually they're about stoners, money, or some other obvious thing.  My personal stupidity is mobility.  I don't make a lot of money, I've been trying to be responsible sitting around, not dipping into the bank account, but the boredom got to me, the stir craziness set in, and I headed off on the road.  Now, I knew my front tires were shot, but I told myself, they'll last the trip.  They didn't, and I found myself stranded on a back road with a flat tire, and lug nuts so tight I couldn't get the wheel off.  Sleeping out along the road wasn't too bad.  After all that was the plan, just at a different local.  What wasn't the plan was walking out and having to find road service.  To make a long story short, I got lucky and found a guy who provided a length of steal pipe that, once added to the speed wrench,  give me enough torque to get things loose.

I'll bet these three people were so thrilled to be car owners that they did something similar to what I did this weekend.  Given mobility, it's human nature to wonder what's down the road,  and who cares if the tires are bald?  I didn't.

Note the Minnesota licence plate and Chevy logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment