Saturday, September 13, 2014

I Feel So Happy When You Are With Me


Unlike the last two posts, this one has a message on the back.  "Dear Friend, I hope you will not be mad because I did not go and see you when I was in Dexter.  But I did not have time to go anywhere from Marguerite."  It was addressed to "Miss Emma Higgins, Dexter, Maine."  And the postmark, "SANGERVILLE ME.  APR 24 1911 5 P.M."

It seems to me that some young swain was taken with Marguerite, but just in case it didn't pan out, he had Emma in reserve.  A lot of the cards in this collection use the word friend as a greeting.  I'm thinking we're dealing with Quakers a courting.

I've still got a lot of cards left in this collection, but they'll have to wait.  It's time to move on to other things.  Click on flirtation in labels to see what's already been posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment