Sunday, February 23, 2014

Is This Korea? No, It's Not.



One of the things about living in Los Angeles, is that you see and hear a lot of languages other than English.  I was at a flea market this afternoon and ran across these two photos.  I bought them from the same dealer, so I'm guessing  they're related.  I'm also fairly certain that the script in the background is Korean.  I'm sure, if I'm wrong, someone will correct me.

I stand corrected!  What a strange saying.  It's not Korea, it's Japan.  Oh well, that's what I get for making an assumption and not taking the time to do the research to confirm that assumption.

1 comment:

  1. Japanese. The characters I'm sure are Japanese and the kimonos are Japanese. I've never seen a Korean woman in a kimono. They traditionally wear a full skirt and the men wear jackets that tie on the side if dressing in traditional clothing. Plus if you look in the print on the wall above the people you'll see a traditional Torii in the image. Japanese.

    ReplyDelete