Friday, February 5, 2010

Professional or Amateur?











As I've noted in some earlier posts, I spent years working in photo labs, and I don't think I ever had a weak go by without printing some sort of amateur eroticism. Even though I started printing black & white photos well after the invention of the Polaroid camera, and worked well into the digital age, there was still a lot of amateur nudes, pictures of people having sex, and a surprisingly large number of cross dressing photos to print. When I look at this collection, I wonder whether this woman was a professional model or if she was the photographers girlfriend. The three posed pictures look like the sort of thing that could be bought from under the counter at a lot of news stands. The one image where she is getting undressed looks like a girl friend picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment