Sunday, April 2, 2023

Los Angeles Indiana 4


 

This is the flip side of an album page that I've already posted.  (Click on The Los Angeles Indiana Collection in labels to bring everything else up.)  Every time I put up an album page, whether it's been cut out of an album the way this one has or if it's from a full album, I always like to put up the whole page at least once to show position. More than likely it doesn't really matter, but it's always possible that the person who made the album had a reason other than available space for the choices they made. Perhaps it's the order they were taken or the same location.  Unless a photo is labeled there's no way to tell, but just in case.  So, just to repeat myself, why Los Angeles Indiana?  Well, I purchased this album page from an eBay seller in Indiana and there's a decorative border on a couple of the prints from L.A. Right at the top is the peristyle of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. It's true that the photographer could have sent his film out to be processed and he could have sent his film through the mail, but I doubt someone living in Indiana would have mailed film all the way to Los Angeles for processing. So, did this Hoosier family make a trip to the west coast?  If they did, they might have gone to the 1932 Olympics. Or perhaps, they were living in L.A. and eventually moved to Indiana.  Who knows, and I doubt I ever will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment