Thursday, November 28, 2019

Gender Fluid?



There was this thing in the 19th century where small boys were kept in girl's clothing, skirts, dresses, long hair, that sort of thing.  Once the boy got to a certain age, usually around four or five, and then, the hair was cut, boy's clothing replaced the girl's clothing.  Breeching was when that little boy started to wear pants.  Anyway, when I see the short hair, I think this photo is probably a little boy who's about to go from dresses to trousers. 

So, recently I read an article about parents raising their children as gender neutral.  I didn't think much about it until I was in a fast food place when I saw a young mother put lipstick on both her children,  a six or seven year old girl and a four or five year old boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment