Friday, August 30, 2019

Mountain Home



This was almost certainly made for someone's personal use, nevertheless, there is a commercial photographer's credit line on the back.  "Milton Helm's Studio, Mountain Home, Idaho."  I couldn't find much about Helm, but a bit.  I know that in 1907 he was a partner in a photo studio in Twin Falls, with Leah Amos, Idaho's preeminent woman photographer, or at leas that's how she was described in  an article about photographer's in Idaho.  The next year Helm moved to Mountain Home and opened his own studio.  I know he was active in 1917.  I found a mention of him in a newspaper that had an ad for Civilization, a silent movie directed Thomas H. Ince, and released that year.  And I found another mention of him from Abel's Photographic Weekly from 1922.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find any of his photographs.  Type in Milton Helm Mountain home and all the pictures that come up are from Levon Helm's  recording studio.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment