Tuesday, April 2, 2019

The Bulgarian School Boy Album 1








One of the nice things about eBay is that I can add photos to my collection from around the world.  I bought this album from a seller in Bulgaria.  According to the seller these are school uniforms, and with no way to contradict him, I'm taking him at his word.  As usual, I'll be posting one image of the full page to show position followed by a single image of each individual print.  Two of the prints on this page could be removed from the album, and the stamp is from the first image in the column.  At first, I thought that the hand written letters might indicate a date, but on closer examination I questioned that.  39 could mean 1939, but I don't see how 3088 can be translated into month and date.  So, let's just call it a mystery.  I can read Cyrillic lettering,  Foto Diana from the top line is pretty obvious, and Stara Zagora is the sixth largest city in Bulgaria.  My guess is that the second line is some sort of street address.  The front cover of the album is a slightly textured brown, which I didn't thing worthwhile posting.  The label for this collection is The Bulgarian School Boy Album.  I haven't decided if I'm going to post everything without a break, though I think it more likely that I'll have a few breaks along the way.  And yes, I do realize that the second photo is a school girl.  Girlfriend or sister?

No comments:

Post a Comment