Monday, June 1, 2015

Today's The Day




I slept late today, one of the few benefits of being under employed.  Anyway, I did what I always do when I wake up.  I rolled over and turned the radio to the all news station, and that's when I heard the big story. (At least as far as L.A. and California goes.)  Water  restrictions have begun.  Silly me, I thought they had already become law, but what do I know.  Anyway, those of us who live in L.A. proper have to cut our water usage by 18%, while water wasters in Beverly Hills have a massive 36% target to hit.

There are a lot of people out there who think it's some sort of regional thing.  People in northern California are the big wasters, no it's SoCal that's the problem.  No, let's blame the central valley.  Actually, it's a  rich, middle class, poor thing.  The less money you have, the less water you use.  Sadly, the rich folks in B.H., Newport Beach, and silicon valley, will probably face nothing more severe than fines for their water wastage,  fines that the wealthy can afford.  Personally I'd rip out their lawns and drain their swimming pools.

I did a with and without  the color correction button on this photo, couldn't decide which version to use, so I posted them both.  Written on the back, "Gottlund's 1959."  No idea where it was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment