Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Aloha, A New Travelers Collection


There it was, sitting on EBay with no one willing to bid.  Hey, it was cheap, so why the hell not.  This latest collection is photos from a person or family that liked to travel.  Some of the images have people, some don't.  A few are labeled, most not.  A handful are of places I recognize, but many of them will be posted as mystery locales, with the hope  that someone out there in blog land can set me straight.

Even though I've never been to Hawaii, this one was easy.  I've seen pictures and movies of Aloha Tower and Honolulu Harbor before.  But where are all the hotels?  The tower opened in 1926, and the building boom didn't start until the late fifties to early sixties.  So, somewhere in a 30 to 35 year window.

Like most of my other collections, this one will be spread out over a few months.  Look for travelers collection in the labels section at the bottom of the post.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just plain jealous of this find.

    Most likely taken from a Matson liner. No leis in the water so perhaps an arrival.

    ReplyDelete