Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hazel Hamilton Rogers/Hazel Elizabeth Rogers


















Written on the back of the second photograph, "Mother-1911 On Graduation From Wesleyan." On the third picture, "Mother's Wedding Picture Hazel Hamilton Rogers." The Confederate battle flag in the background of the graduation picture led me to Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia, founded in 1836 as a Women's college by the Methodist Church. With Georgia as a location I went in search of any information I could find on Hazel Hamilton Rogers. What I found was a small foundation set up in memory of a school teacher named Hazel Elizabeth Rogers, daughter of Dr. Thomas Edward Rogers and distinguished musician, Hazel Hamilton Rogers. No sibling were mentioned in the brief paragraph. It looks like Hazel Elizabeth never married or had any children. The clear hand writing on the back of these pictures must be hers and very likely there were no family members to claim these pictures.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Hazel Elizabeth Rogers is my Mom’s cousin. She did have a brother and some nieces and nephews. May I ask where the pictures came from? Are there anymore? I would love to see more. Thank you for posting them. Hazel died in 2007 and had never married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please feel free to contact me dawndbrooker@gmail.com
    Thanks,
    Dawn Brooker

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more question. Could I have permission to use these photos on our ancestry.com family tree? I will be glad to give you credit for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember where I got these photos. I usually buy from flea markets, antique and thrift stores, and of course, EBay. Yes, you can post these photos on your site. Not a problem.

      Delete
  4. ok, thank you so much!! and if you happen to remember please let me know. We are especially looking for photos of Madison Elliott Rogers 1889-1961. His nickname is "Pat" and he was a car dealer/salesman in Atlanta, GA. Thanks again! What a blessing for us that you saved and posted these pictures!! Dawn

    ReplyDelete