Monday, April 1, 2024

A Vacation in Hamburg 1




 

I've mentioned this before.  If I were being completely honest, this blog would be called the recently purchased photography since almost all of the photos I post are bought in antique stores, thrift stores, flea markets, and online.  Every once in a while, I actually find photos, and these are some of them.  This afternoon I took a walk to Hollywood and found envelopes of color negatives and fifty-plus prints, just lying on the street.  In total, there were six envelopes, and each one contained a processed roll of Kodak Gold color film, all 36 exposures.  Not every frame had an image, but the prints I found don't add up, so I didn't get every photo from these images printed in Hamburg, Germany.  It's possible that some Germans moved to L.A., but I think it's more likely that they are vacation pictures. Too, a couple of the photos I found have a date written on the back, "July 1989."  Anyway, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to post these images, most likely five per post, but that's not a final, set-in-stone decision.  Click on the Hamburg Vacation Collection to see future posts.  And what's really weird, about a mile further down the street I found some transparencies, but since the scanner I own doesn't scan slides or negatives, they may never get posted.  It's nice to know that Germans use the same type of urinals we do in the U.S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment