Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Music To My Ears 6



I still haven't quite figured out what name this woman eventually ended up using, at least professionally.  Mary Reagan and Ann Parker are my two best bets, but who really knows.  I did, however, find a lot about photographer Winifred Gail  I know she was born on October 2, 1917 in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California.  I know she was a photo retoucher and eventually opened up her own photo studio in Hollywood.  In 1940 she married Jay Richard Bailey, an aeronautical engineer, and in 1953 she moved her studio from Hollywood to Palos Verdes, California.  According to the March 5, 1953 issue of the Palos Verdes Peninsula News she had been in Hollywood for 15 years.  If that figure is correct then she opened her Hollywood studio in 1938.  During her life she moved around a bit, and ended up in Alaska,  She died on October 6, 2017 in Sitka, Alaska.  Four days past her 100th birthday.  And, as an extra added bonus, she was a life long Christian Scientist.  So, we now know that this photo was taken before 1953.

Click on Music To My Ears in labels to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment