Sunday, April 19, 2020

School Girls and Caskets 2




 

I suppose it's something we have to wonder about now a days, but no, the gap in these postings has nothing to do with illness.  I just didn't feel like it.  So, when I see photos taken before a major war, I always wonder how many of the people in the picture survived.  When I see something taken right after a war, and the photos in this small collection are from 1921, I wonder how many of those that they knew didn't make it.  And from a photo from 1921, I wonder how many people did they know who died from the Spanish Flu. 

In the background of the top picture you can see a sign for the Inter State Casket Company.  Considering the year, they must have been very successful.  So it's not really necessary, but click on School Girls and Caskets to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment