Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Post War European Trip Collection-Know Your Passport










































This is, by far and away, the largest number of images I've put up in a single post and not a photograph to be seen.  As I noted in the first part from this collection, I had a number of non photographic pieces that I intended to put up here, rather than on my Fair Use blog.  I thought about breaking up this pamphlet over a number of posts, but this is a photo blog, and I figured that I should limit the number of photoless bits.  Also, should anyone decide to actually read the whole booklet, and I recommend that people do,  bring up the first image in the column in a bigger window, and it's possible to navigate through the whole thing by clicking on the small thumbnails at the bottom of the screen.

Who knew that, in 1948, the State Department would ask American travelers to behave themselves.  That a traveler would be asked not to set up any colonies, and that if your great grandfather had immigrated to the U.S. from Switzerland, and had failed to renounce his citizenship in the proper manner, Switzerland  would consider you a Swiss citizen and you might get drafted.

So, click on The Post War European Trip Collection in labels.....well, by know the drill should be well known.  I promise, I'll post some photos in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment