Thursday, May 18, 2017

The Here, There, and Everywhere Collection-Suburban Life







So, I bought an envelope full of photos that the dealer told me came from an estate sale, and are all related.  As I've noted from the first post, I have my doubts.  For more details, click on the Here There and Everywhere Collection in labels for more details, and to see other parts of the collection.

Say suburbia, and most people think of the fifties and the post war housing boom.  I don't have a date on this album page, but forties or fifties is a definite possibility.  Note the Popular Science magazine in the rack next to the couch in the first photo.  The magazine wasn't aimed at scientists, but it's readership was mostly people with a bit better education than the general public.

No comments:

Post a Comment