Monday, January 16, 2017

The Here, There, and Everywhere Collection-The Page With Articles on the Back







Over the years, I've learned to take the claims of sellers with a certain grain of salt.  One of the things I've noticed is that when I ask if a collection I'm purchasing is all from the same source, they almost always say absolutely, local estate sale. So, taking the man at his word, I've just purchased an envelope of photographs from an eBay dealer in Wisconsin who assures me that they're all from a local estate sale. I haven't counted up everything yet, but there's a fair amount of images to go through.  Needless to say, I'm going to break things up, so who knows how long it'll take to post the lot.  So, click on  The Here There and Everywhere Collection in labels to see things as they unfold.

So, why I'm I titling things Here There and Everywhere.  There are few album pages, and a lot of loose photographs.  Some are labeled, and some are not.  There are a lot of different locations mentioned.  In this first post, Massachusetts,and  Alabama on the front page, and in the article, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Connecticut, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Illinois, and Ohio.

And for those who can't make out the labels on the photographs, the little girl is "Virginia Lee Stockam," though I suspect that should be Stockman.  Right under the photo, "Birmingham, Ala."  And the house, "9 Wedgemere Ave.  Winchester, Mass."  And under the photo, "Residence Vivian B Whitcomb Winchester, Mass."

Remember, you can always click on an image and bring it up in a larger window.  It'll make it easier to read the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment