Saturday, October 15, 2016

The Green Album 1








It's time to put up another album.  Since each page has a number of images, I'll be returning to my usual practice of scanning the whole page  to show position, and then an individual scan of each individual photograph.  There are a lot of pages in this one, but most of them are blank.  Some of the pages have empty corners, or bits of glue and paper, and some of the blank pages are pristine.  Even though there aren't all that many pages with actual photographs, I may break up the way I post them, so, I'll label everything The Green Album so that they can all be brought up together.

None of the photos are labeled, so, once again it's conjecture time.  I bought this album from an eBay dealer in the mid-west.  It's been awhile, so my memory is a bit hazy on where exactly, but I do remember it was great plainsish.  Of course, photos and albums travel.  Sometimes with people as they move around the country, and sometimes, through the mail, from one friend or family member to another.

There's one thing we can be sure of, these beach side photos weren't taken around the great lakes.  Take a good look in the first photo.  There's a palm tree behind our lounging lady.  I've been all around Florida, and I don't remember any bluff side beaches, so I think California is a pretty good bet, but not near any of the cities.  Even when these were taken, Los Angeles, Long Beach, south bay, Orange County, and San Diego were all developed and crowded.  Perhaps a bit further north near Oxnard, Ventura, or Santa Barbara.

No comments:

Post a Comment