Friday, January 8, 2016

Star Wars In the Teens



I'm old enough to have seen the original Star Wars when it first came out.   For the record, I thought it a fun, but somewhat inconsequential movie.  I also thought Princess Leia's hairdo the stupidest thing I'd ever seen on an actress.  Anyway, after the photo lab I worked in went out of business, I turned to background work in the movies.  It was either that, or live in my car.   Funny thing is, for years I would joke that I was the only person in Los Angeles that didn't want to be in the movies, and now look at me.  Even though I barely survive, I love what I do.  And, as a member of SAG-AFTRA, I get to see free movies during award season.  So, go see the new Star Wars movie if you must, but please also see The Revenant, I Smile Back, The Big Short, Straight Outta Compton, Carol, Spotlight, as well as non nominees Mad Max; Fury Road and The Martian.  Please, it's your duty to stop The Force!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, cinnamon bun hair!

    I remember seeing Star Wars at a big theater on Hollywood Blvd. Came home and looked up the actors in the phone book and surprisingly Harrison Ford was still listed. He was not in the phone book the following year. I tore the page out and kept it.

    ReplyDelete