Sunday, October 5, 2014

eBay Portraits, the Faded and Damaged One


99 cents and a couple of bucks for shipping.  So, did I get my money's worth?  Had I found this one in a store, maybe $2.  Mostly because I like the weird headdress the little girl is wearing.  I suspect it's something ethnic, rather than a fashion statement.  Maybe a dollar for the one with tape and 50 cents for the damaged, mother daughter portrait.  And I would have probably passed on the reproduction.  On the other hand, I was in an antique mall this afternoon and bought ten snapshots for $5, all of which I prefer to the four eBay portraits.  So, you pay your money and takes your chances, as the Carneys say.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm just taking a stab in the dark here, but the young boy has to be George Lucas figuring that someday he'll figure out how to make a mint out of that thing on his sister's head.

    ReplyDelete