Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cat Fight!
















These have got to be from the swinging seventies, and the sexual revolution. As a long time collector of old photographs, and as a former lab tech, I can attest to the fact that sexual imagery in photography goes back to age of Daguerre. The one thing I always ask myself when I see something like this is, "Was it done by an amateur for his own private pleasure, or was it a commercially made photo, printed for under the counter distribution." The only clue with these images is that one of them is fogged, which indicates that it might have been an amateur effort.

2 comments:

  1. I have a picture of my father who was born in 1903. On the back is Geppert Studios Stamp of Quality - Des Moines, IA. In the picture my dad has a pillow on his stomach so he could imitate Oliver Hardy from the comedy team of the Laurel & Hardy. I think the picture had to have been taken sometime from 1925 to 1935. Do you have the negative to help me out. He has a cigar in his mouth and is standing on the front porch of a house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't own any negatives form Geppert Studios. If you want an actual photo print, you can go to a lab and have a copy negative and print made. Of course, you can always just scan it into a computer and make a print from that.

      Delete