Saturday, October 3, 2026

The Trips Collection 11





 

I noted in the previous post that this album is difficult to take apart to scan.  Anyway, the postcard, the bottom image on the page, fell off, and there was writing on the back: "Dear Karen, Jeff & Peter.  How are you doing?  We're having a good time looking at Mayan ruins, then we will go to an island off the coast of Yucatan called Cozumel.  It's a start.  I got a good sunburn in Acapulco.  Take care of yourselves.  I love you, Mom."  The caption: "EL CARACOL-astronomico donde los Mayas le ion los c le los con marvilloso exactitude.  EL CARACOL-Or astronimical observatroy.  CHICHEN ITZA, YUCATAN, MEXICO."  There is a postmark, but it's smeared so I can't read it.  It's addressed to Karen, Jeff & Peter, 3449 Waverly Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA."  Click on The Trips Collection in labels to see other posts in the collection, and don't expect any updates in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment