Saturday, March 2, 2019

The Post War European Trip Collection-Back In the U.S.A.



I started this collection with two postcards from Missouri and I'm ending with  three people sitting in a car with Missouri license plates from 1948.  I can't know if those cards were purchased before this trip or if the photo was taken after but I did think they made nice bookends for Gloria Lee's European trip.   In my last post I noted that one of the photos might have a link for this finale of the collection.  A way off to the side, barely visible, stood a young lady who was probably Gloria Lee.  From that distant semi-profile, is it possible to figure out which of the two young ladies seen here is Gloria Lee Bigewet?  If nothing else there is a chance for some speculation.  My guess, the woman on the right in this picture.

And while we're dealing with guess work, how about the pronunciation of her last name.  I'm guessing it has a French origin and it might begin like bijou and end like Chevrolet.  Bishaway, phonetically?

Click on The Post War European Trip Collection in labels to finally see the whole thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment